Category Archives: COD Con
Any information relating to COD Con
Sci-Fi/Fantasy Club Minutes
April 30, 2013
- New Members: None
- CODCON XVIII Post Mortem
- We reviewed the Post-Mortem sheet; see Doc for details
- Also reviewed Feedback form data: Staff did great, food vendor didn’t
- Working to improve CODCON XIX
- Previous Events
- Previous Movies
1. Bad adaptation?
2. But good because it was actually sci-fi and twists?
- Open House (4/25)
i. Not the best location
ii. Not much foot traffic
- Star Trek: Best of Both Worlds (4/25)
i. One person went, but his bro hates the club so boo on him
ii. But it was good-ish?
- C2E2 (4/26-4/28)
i. Awesome! A lot of excellent guests (actors from Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Ron Perlman, Fifth Doctor, etc)
ii. Next year! April 25th-27th
- TV Shows
i. Doctor Who: Ghost episode was awesome
ii. Game of Thrones: DANY OMG
- Upcoming Events
i. Iron Man 3 (5/03) SPONSORED
1. One ticket still available for the midnight IMAX
2. Friday Matinee: 5:45 show—contact Doc for details
ii. Star Trek: Into Darkness (5/17) SPONSORED
iii. Epic (05/24) Approved
iv. After Earth (05/31) Approved
- Officer Elections
i. Jen Dust: Winner!!!
ii. Sean T.: no show
- Vice President
i. Kristen Koch: 11 Winner!!!
ii. Caitlin W: 5
i. Kari Asick: Winner
- Officer at Large
i. Erin Aniolowski: 10 Winner!!!
ii. Matt F: 1
iii. Kristen K: n/a
iv. Steve S: 3
v. Caitlin W: 3
vi. Baby Bunny: 1
- Other Stuff:
- Doc may offer his Sci-Fi Lit class this summer if enough people want in. Contact him ASAP!
- This summer: Theater class on sword fighting
Post-Meeting Game: Super Munchkin
NEXT MEETING: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, from 2:30 – 4:00 PM (Room TBA)
Sci-Fi/Fantasy Club Minutes
April 2, 2013
- New Members: Only one–Connor: Doctor Who
- Previous Events
1)GI Joe: Retribution: only like two people saw it BUT THE ROCK MAN
2)The Host: Not as bad as Twilight (not saying much, of course)
- TV Shows
1)Doctor Who returns! (3/30): Barely anyone watched it!
2)Orphan Black (3/30): No one watched it. I’ll need to watch the next episode before I pass judgment
3)Game of Thrones Season 3 (3/31): Hardly anyone watched this, either
- Upcoming Events
i. Jurassic Park in 3D (4/05): Approved
ii. Oblivion (4/19): Approved
iii. Evil Dead: Approved
- Star Trek: Best of Both Worlds
i. Showing at Cinemark Seven Bridges on April 25th at 7pm
ii. Fathom Entertainment has actually contacted us and is giving us promotional material for CODCON!!
- CoD Open House: April 25, 6:00 – 8:30 PM. Need at least 2 volunteers to staff the table
i. Training is on April 9th in BIC 1630 @ 2:30pm
ii. Still have a few slots left to fill!!!
iii. We’ll also need folks to help with set-up and tear-down on Friday afternoon and Sunday evening!
- Special Events:
i. Steampunk LARP, Sat., 4/20l
ii. Microsoft Halo 4 Tournament: Sat., 4/20, 6 – 9 PM
- Other Stuff
- We will start taking Officer Nominations on April 16th! Voting will take place on April 30
- Post-Meeting Game: Munchkin Apocalypse (FLYNN WON!!!)
NEXT MEETING: Tuesday, April 16—RIGHT BEFORE CODCON!!! DON’T MISS IT!!!
Cosplay Contest and Dance
at CODCON’s XVII’s
Second Annual Masquerade
April 21, 2012
A. New Members: Fuckall
B. Previous Events
Hunger Games: Held up to the book.
(Mentally disabled trolling)
(I want a croissant)
Wrath of the Titans: It was okay I guess.
Lock out: Sponc.
Cabin in the woods: Aprov.
Pirates Band of Misfits: Aprov.
1.) Sign ups
2.) Volunteer Training Be there
3.) Program/ Badges
4.) Sign up dead line April 13th
E.) Other Stuff
1.) Student Life Awards Banquet
2.) Be extra zombies
3.) Nominations next week
4.) Other cons
WE ARE HAVING A MEETING NEXT WEEK
A.) New Members: crap there are a lot of you
- Paul F.
- Co-person Tom
- Jenny (holy shit)
- Meece (sounds like geese)
Wars: 5 lick my boots
Trek: JEN IS AWESOME!
B.) Previous Events:
1.) Laser Quest
Was cool. I was 2nd overall, there weren’t many people. L It was disappoint.
2.) Activities Fair
Tiny booth, no one went to the activities fair.
3.) Random Game Day
Death by weapons. Game day was epic, and was considered a success
4.) Films (Chronicle, etc.)
Chronicle: Was pretty good, and they have magic. Silly, silly cops.
C.) Upcoming Events:
1.) Films (Phantom Menace in 3D, Mysterious Island, others)
- Mysterious Island: Journey 2
-Ghost Rider: 2 (approved)
-This means war (approved)
2.) Joyskillzsz (Moved to 2/25)
Has been moved to the 25th of Feb., all day fun.
Room: 3245 SSC
1.) Website Status
Up and running, game hosting is up, feel free to register.
Talk to your friends, and make them come. Pretty much anything we can do to get news out. Go out to other Cons and share out news, even game stores would be useful.
E.) Other News/Gossip
Rumors confirmed, there is another set up for the 4th Transformers film. Looking to start a DnD 3.5 game around 1pm, let us know if you are interested.
Contact info: Ben email@example.com
F.) After-Meeting Game:
Lunch money & Groo
Also very cool: Watch me
Avengers Extended Super Bowl Trailer:
Sci-Fi/Fantasy Club Minutes
Oct. 25, 2011
I.) New Members? None
II.) Previous Events
New stuff for next time: “You’re not this good”—contestants would be pitted against specially-chosen players. Those who survive 5 rounds would get a free admit into a CODCON video tourney.
The Thing: GOD AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Three Musketeers: Very cool to watch.
C.) New TV shows, etc.
Sherlock Holmes <3
Once upon a time: Nice special effects, but muddled plot line
Grimm: Debuts Friday
A.) In Time–Sponsored movie
Midnight Show: Thursday, 10:30 PM. Contact Ben for tickets
Friday Matinee: Friday, 4:55 PM (be there by 4:30 PM)
B.) Stuffed C.O.W.S./Gameday (Nov. 25 – 27): RPGA for three days. They are running D&D 4/e and Pathfinder; go to http://www.cowsgaming.org/
Our events are free, come Saturday for Uber-Epic Munchkin. If you’d like to run an event (video, board, RPG, etc.), contact Doc by Nov. 11
C.) Same weekend- Chicago TARDIS; go to http://www.chicagotardis.com/
D.) November Movies
- Puss in Boots (10/28)
- Harold and Kumar: Christmas (11/4)
- Arthur Christmas (11/25)
Sponsored: Immortals (11/11)
IV.) Other Stuff/Gossip
A.) CODCON Update:
Francis will be looking into arranging a Magic tourney through Graham Cracker Comics
Doc has contacted Scuddlebutts to be our food vendor
B.) We reviewed X-Box releases for next year; see Doc for handout
NEXT MEETING: Tuesday, Nov. 1 from 2:30 – 4:00 in SSC 1225
Is anyone up for a sneak peak into what is too come? I am! But wait, can you hear that…I think, I think someone is at my door. Just a moment I’ll be right back.
Well, I’m afraid there is an epidemic going around. There, there are ZOMBIES!!!
The first little feller is just so darn cute, except for when he bit my now dead dog…and the second guy well If he only used the front door instead of the window, we all cant be the smartest fish in the sea. Anyways I’ll be back with more updates as soon as I get this bite looked at, oh and after I rebury my dog. (Damn zombies)
Sci-Fi/Fantasy Club Meeting Minutes
Oct. 4, 2011
I) New Members: David and Peter
(Wars: 2 Trek: 0)
II.) Old Business:
A. Terra Nova: Avatar meets Jurassic Park with cops
B. Movies: Nothing to mention
C. Doctor Who: Season Finale: ???AWESOME??? He’ll be back for X-mas, but not again until next Fall?!?
D. Star Trek Convention: Leonard Nimoy’s last. He will be as missed as the convention was.
III.) New Business:
A.) Approved Movies for October:
1. Real Steel (Oct. 7)
2. The Thing (Oct. 14)
3. The Three Musketeers (Oct. 21)
B.) Sponsored Movie for October: In Time (Oct. 28)
C.) JoySkillz: Saturday, Oct.15 (10am-11pm) Room SSC 3245
Bring consoles, games, and $$$ for food run; we’ll supply pop (always MOUNTAIN DEW!)
IV.) CODCON Stuff:
A.) Zombies! If you can run a game using zombies (RPG, Board, Miniatures, Video, etc.), let us know! We’ll start posting events on the website in January
B.) If you help out with artwork for the website, and are chosen, you may get nice stuffs
C.) We need to buy props right after Halloween.
D.) Photo booth: We could have folks get a picture taken looking like a zombie. They print right away, and we could hook up a screen and scroll through all the pictures that we had taken so far. Prints are about $.50 apiece; could sell for $2.00 or so.
V.) Wrapping up:
A.) Other Meetings:
1. Video Game Club: Weds 2 – 7 PM Room SSC 3245
2. Animatrix: Saturday from 12 – 8 in K 131
3. Dr.Who Club: 7 – 9 PM 1st and 3rd Fridays at Building M 106. e-mail: www.chroniclesofwho.org.
B.) Gossip: Nothing this week
VI.) Game play time: Star Munchkin
NEXT MEETING: Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2011 from 2:30 – 4:00 PM in SSC 2201
COD Con is up and coming fast, April 20-22 2012. Be sure to visit the Con’s website: http://2012.codcon.com Soon pre-registration will be up, make sure to grab an official badge while you can!!
- To those who’ve responded to my earlier appeal for folks to work the Registration Desk and Set-Up crews, thanks! However, we still need a few more folks to step up. Remember, working just two hours at the con gets you not only a free weekend badge to the con, but makes you eligible for half-price food from Bacci’s and a discount on a con T-Shirt (see item #2).
- This year, in order to break even on the T-shirts, we ‘ll be selling them to club members at cost, which will be $8. We’ll have a variety of sizes, but a limited supply which we need to sell to our attendees at full price (remember, we’re trying to raise money here!) So even though you may really want one, please wait a bit before buying one; if we run out of a given size, we may be able to reorder after the con.
- Those who are volunteering to work Set-Up need to inform me by no later than April 13 in order to have a badge ready. I’d greatly prefer folks not show up at the last minute on the 17th to volunteer. Set-up crew needs to arrive around 4 PM outside SRC 2800.
- I also have some flyers which I’ll leave outside my office–it’s not too late to spread the word about the con!
- One last, unrelated matter: this week elections are being held for various offices across DuPage county; one of those races is for the COD Board of Trustees. If you voted in the last election for President, then you’re eligible to vote in this election. Further, the college is also holding elections for Student Trustee and President and Vice-President of SLC; these individuals are your voice to the Board of Trustees and the administration. I urge you to get involved in this civic responsibility and go vote, especially on Tuesday. If you’d like to know who’s running for each race, the Courier has some pretty good information: go to http://www.cod.edu/courier.