Monthly Archives: April 2009
- To those who’ve responded to my earlier appeal for folks to work the Registration Desk and Set-Up crews, thanks! However, we still need a few more folks to step up. Remember, working just two hours at the con gets you not only a free weekend badge to the con, but makes you eligible for half-price food from Bacci’s and a discount on a con T-Shirt (see item #2).
- This year, in order to break even on the T-shirts, we ‘ll be selling them to club members at cost, which will be $8. We’ll have a variety of sizes, but a limited supply which we need to sell to our attendees at full price (remember, we’re trying to raise money here!) So even though you may really want one, please wait a bit before buying one; if we run out of a given size, we may be able to reorder after the con.
- Those who are volunteering to work Set-Up need to inform me by no later than April 13 in order to have a badge ready. I’d greatly prefer folks not show up at the last minute on the 17th to volunteer. Set-up crew needs to arrive around 4 PM outside SRC 2800.
- I also have some flyers which I’ll leave outside my office–it’s not too late to spread the word about the con!
- One last, unrelated matter: this week elections are being held for various offices across DuPage county; one of those races is for the COD Board of Trustees. If you voted in the last election for President, then you’re eligible to vote in this election. Further, the college is also holding elections for Student Trustee and President and Vice-President of SLC; these individuals are your voice to the Board of Trustees and the administration. I urge you to get involved in this civic responsibility and go vote, especially on Tuesday. If you’d like to know who’s running for each race, the Courier has some pretty good information: go to http://www.cod.edu/courier.
This week’s meeting (on Thursday, April 2 from 2:30 – 4:00 PM in IC 2079) will be focused primarily on CODCON, as we’ll be two weeks out from the big event. Other agenda items may include:
Discussion of Previous events
- LA Theater Works production
- War of the Worlds discussion (with Page Turners Club)
Upcoming Events (besides CODCON)
- Joyskilz Video Game Event (Sat. 4/04)
- Upcoming films
NOTE: Also, to those of you who can’t make it to the meetings but want to be involved in CODCON: we still need folks to work the Registration Desk as well as help with set-up. If you can help, let me know. All members who assist with the con get a free, three-day Staff badge that also entitles them to a 50% discount on food.